Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Christening Cake with lots of animals

I made this cake this past weekend for a Christening. It is a 2-tier cake - bottom tier is 3-layers of chocolate velvet cake with swiss meringue buttercream and the top tier is 3-layers of vanilla butter cake with swiss meringue buttercream.

The cake is covered in fondant and the animals are all handmade with sugarpaste. My favorites were the giraffe and panda.


I made a sleeping baby in a tiny bed on the top. I actually guessed on the baby boy's haircolour when I was up late making the final details... somehow I lucked out as the boy did have blondish, red hair. Next time I will definitely ask my customer beforehand - I really could've messed that one up!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cute!

Anonymous said...

That is a stunning cake Juanita! You are extremely, extremely, extremely, gifted! Can't wait to see others.

Anonymous said...

LOVE that Christening cake, your animals are sooooooo incredible.

Anonymous said...

This cake is very cute.

If you made the baby bald, nobody would have complained about the hair colour! :)

Unique Gowns said...

I love it ! This is so creative !!! Good on you Dana