Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fashionista Cakes: Coach Purses

Is Louis Vuitton so 2008? Because I am getting so many more requests for Coach Purse cakes in 2009! Here is the purse that I was trying to create as a cake - there were lots of "C's" to be painted and white stitching.To personalize the cake for the birthday girl, I added in sunglasses, her Motorola cellphone, her driver's license because she always gets asked for ID and a keychain that says Princess (that's what her parents call her).
The other coach purse was a surprise for my clients wife. It was her birthday, their anniversary and he just wanted to show her his appreciation as a mom because they have a 5 month old son. He surprised her with this cake AND the actual coach purse in Spearmint color.

This cake was personalized with her pink coach coin purse, keychain with Niagara Falls on it (that's where they honeymooned) and a plane ticket with the "Lost TV show" Oceanic logo. Did I mention he was also going to surprise her with a trip away? Husbands/Partners - Take note!And inside the purse, I added in their son's favourite toy Sophie the Giraffe, her pink LG phone, a soother and her favorite Simply Irresistable Givency Perfume bottle. What a sweet surprise!

15 comments:

Jenny said...

So realistic! Great work!

leesh said...

Two very creative cakes. I especially like the spearmint Coach bag. So cute how you added Sophie in the bag!

Freck said...

Oh my goodness, so amazing!!

Baker's Cakes said...

Gorgeous! I simply LOVE the green bag!!! And seriously, what a husband!!!

veggievixen said...

serious skills happening here. it looks like a real purse when you just glance at it!

Crazy Cake Lady said...

Your purse cakes are so awesome!! I especially love that the black one is half-zippered.

Mar Varela said...

Wow! is amazing... I make a cake to make up with bag for my birthday...
A kiss from Spain

kathie H said...

Juanita - amazing! You are so awesome! I can't wait to see our cake at our wedding in two weeks!!!! Cheers, Kathie

Karen R Mendonca said...

omg thats soo beautiful.Gr8 Job on the bag.

Karen R Mendonca said...

This is my first visit to ur Blog & I must say u're very creative.I totally mistook the coach bag to be a real bag.U've done a gr8 job on the details.Sry about a 2nd post.....thats coz I thot u'll have another comment box for the Spearmint Coach bag.I'm surely gonna follow ur blog from now on :-)

Regards,
Karen
http://cakesbakesnmore.blogspot.com/

Coco Cake Land said...

OMG.
you're the cake purse MASTER! really awesome! :)

Milena said...

Wow, your purses look so realistic! Amazing work!

Anonymous said...

I really like. A friend of mines is getting married and she wants on for her bridal shower, but we live in Pittsburgh how can we get one?

SweetThingsTO said...

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments! I was so happy with how they both turned out too.

Anonymous - I'm located in Toronto, Canada and do not ship cakes. Try googling "custom cakes Pittsburgh" - you should be able to find a local cake designer who can create this for you.

faithy said...

love the bags! they look so realistic like real bags! how do you paint the C-logo so evenly!! Amazing!