Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Bar Mitzvah: Hockey Cake

Who is lucky enough to get 10 cakes for their birthday?  This birthday boy who celebrated his Bar Mitzvah at EZone which is indoor sports and entertainment complex.

I was able to blend in his love for hockey, Pittsburgh Penguins and personalize everything it for his special day.
I loved how it all turned out and everything was completely edible.  I would say the hardest part was making 2 matching skates.
When I made carved cakes, I always bake extra cake, just in case.  So, I added in these mini-cake pucks.  Wouldn't this be a great idea for a boys birthday and everyone gets their own puck!

7 comments:

giovanna said...

super cool!! i love it. great job as always.

tanya said...

Great idea. The boy must've loved his cakes. I wonder which one he cut into first.

Paula said...

Holy Hockey! What a wonderful job you did and the skate cakes are amazing. I'm sure the young fellow was super impressed.

Jenniffer said...

Juanita, this cake is AWESOME! Those skates look SO real!

BTW, saw your comment on my blog. I'm sure my bro would ship to Canada, as he only charges actual shipping fees. Just contact him via Etsy if you see something you like!

Stephanie said...

Nice work! I especially like the layout for the cake withe skates, hockey stick, etc... Very creative.

Carrie S. said...

It looks like a lot of work. My son would love this.

Bakverk och Fikastunder said...

Fantastic job! I love it!