Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Guest Post: Peggy Does Cake

Today's post is part of our bi-weekly Guest Post: 5 Pics Series.  We feature talented cake designers from all over the world that I have met online through blogs, twitter and this one is from Facebook.

Peggy Lee of Peggy Does Cake is from Brandon, MS.  In the spring of 2010, she attempted her first cake after watching a cake decorating show on TV.  She is completely self-taught using the internet, library, and Facebook community resources to learn about cake decorating.  She also spent several months trying out, testing and tweaking dozens upon dozens of recipes and techniques.

Today, nearly 2 years later, she's having a blast baking for family and friends as a hobbyist, with the dream of some day opening her own shop.  She has built up quite a fan base on her Facebook Page and also posts helpful tutorials on her blog.  Here is a sampling of some of her cakes:

#1 - Up!  How cute is this?
 #2 - Another cutie!
#3 - Wonderfully Topsy Turvy
#4 - Sweet and Girly
 #5 - Colorful and Fun!
To follow Peggy, you can find her on her blog or Facebook Page.

7 comments:

Jenniffer said...

What cute cakes! Peggy just got a new follower! :)

Loren @ The Baking Sheet said...

I've been a huge fan of Peggy's for a while now and I have to say she is as sweet and generous as she is talented!

Anonymous said...

I am a fan of Peggy's and I love all her cakes, amazingly done Sherry Baird

Southern Belle Drug Addict said...

Peggy is the absolute best and is always promoting other cake artists work. She is a one of a kind! Love her!

Denise Wall said...

Peggy is the best! She has done several cakes for my family and I wouldn't use anyone else. She is a great friend, not only to me, but to the cake artist community. She is always willing to promote other artist work.

Erin said...

Now following on facebook! I learned on my own, also. It is nice to see her doing so well!

TerraD said...

Wow! These are fantastic! I love 1,2, and 5, but that Lion King cake is my absolute favorite!