Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tinkerbell Cake

Many people ask me how long it takes to make a cake.  I never have a good answer as it really depends on the design, the size and the details.  I usually say that it takes a minimum of 5 hours, not including baking.  Sometimes it takes much much longer because of the size, sometimes there are so many time consuming details and sometimes there is just a stubborn element that I just can't get right.

For this cake, there was definitely a very stubborn element: Tinkerbell.  It took forever, I must've made Tinkerbell 3 times until I got her just right.  I just couldn't figure it out in the right proportions.  Then finally, in the wee hours of the morning - I was happy with her.  Do I know how long this cake actually took?  Nope, I'd rather not count :-)   I loved how it turned out, so it was worth every minute!
And a view from the top!

5 comments:

Paula said...

Oh my goodness. This is one of your sweetest creations ever. The pillows look so real and though Tinkerbell may have given you a tough time, she turned out just perfectly adorable!

faithy said...

Such a sweet cake and Tinkerbell is lovely! I do agree, cake decorating is SOOO time consuming!!

Barbara said...

That is the cutest tinkerbell cake I have ever seen.

Beglaubigte Übersetzungen said...

I can imagine it must take a lot of time to prepare a cake like that, but it is definitely worth it! Looks beautiful : ) Congrats!!!

Coco Cake Land said...

aww! you did a great job on tink - and those pillow honestly look like i could sink my tired face into them and have a snooze! ^__^